Our Accessibility Services office assists prospective and current students with disabilities who identify special needs and require academic accommodations. We support students with physical or learning disabilities, sensory impairments, mental health issues, or chronic medical conditions. Experts will help you access academic supports such as alternative entrance testing arrangements, exam accommodations, individualized learning strategies, tutoring, note-taking assistance, technology training, and on-going disability counselling. We’ll show you how to secure funding to provide your individualized disability-related supports. Just let us know before you arrive if you require any assistance, so arrangements can be made before you begin classes.
- guidance through the college application process
- review of disability documentation
- provision of alternate entrance testing arrangements
- authorization of reduced course loads when appropriate
- authorization of classroom and exam accommodations
- co-ordination of disability supports including learning strategies, adaptive technologies, alternate formats, note-taking, etc.
- communication with instructors through accommodation letters and exam accommodation requests
- screening for learning disabilities
- referrals to other campus and/or community supports.
Lethbridge College, TE1222
Phone: (403) 320-3202 ext. 5400
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- No evening coverage is currently available, however some accommodated exams may be supported during evening Testing Services hours.