Academic Advisors are available to current and prospective Lethbridge College students. You can schedule an in-person or telephone appointment.
Things to bring to your advising appointment:
- personal identification (driver's licence or Lethbridge College student ID)
- educational documents: transcripts, certificates, mid-term grades, etc.
- a friend or family member, the first appointment will cover a great deal of information, a second set of ears can really help when you are talking about your options later.
- a list of questions for your advisor
- a pen and something to write on
- any career research with you
What happens at my first appointment?
- Your advisor will introduce themselves.
- You will be taken to the advisor's office from the waiting area.
- The advisor will ask you what information you are looking for and what they can do to help.
- If you are looking for a lot of information, the advisor will break the information into two appointments, so that they have time to do research for you.
- Depending on what you already know about post-secondary education, the advisor will cover everything from career research activities to long term planning for graduate studies.
- After you leave, the advisor will make detailed notes on your student file. When you return, the advisor will remember what you discussed in the past, or you can see a new advisor and they will be able to pick up where the other one left off.
Office hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Advising appointments are available 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday to Friday.
To make an appointment:
- Phone: 403-320-3323
- In person: stop by the Student Services desk located just inside the main entrance.
Academic advisors are also available to speak to groups of prospective students. If you would like an advisor to visit your school or organization to provide information on Lethbridge College programs, services and admissions details, please contact us at (403) 320-3322
or use our Ask an Advisor webform.