Wind Turbine Technician
Let wind work for you
Be at the forefront of a global phenomenon with the Wind Turbine Technician program. Our two semester (eight month) certificate program will teach you the secrets to capturing wind and turning it into power. You’ll learn how to diagnose and maintain both mechanical and electrical wind turbine equipment while gaining practical experience through our very own training tower located right on campus. You’ll also be trained to meet national and international training standards recognized by major wind manufacturers worldwide.
Wind Turbine Technician is right for you if you:
- are comfortable working at heights
- have good hearing, eyesight and manual dexterity
- possess mechanical aptitude and interest
- can keep up to date with changing technology.
You’ll receive the perfect mixture of theory and practical training to get you started in this innovative industry. You can decide whether you want to continue a career in the wind turbine industry, or you can continue working towards the journeyman electrician certification.
Our modern shop facilities have wind turbine training nacelles and equipment, as well as diagnostic and troubleshooting equipment, including a training tower where you will develop your hands-on skills and understanding of:
- Wind Turbine Electrical Systems;
- Wind Turbine Mechanical Systems;
- Wind Turbine Hydraulic Systems;
- Blade Inspection and Repair.
|2014-15 Academic Year||Tuition||Fees||Books & Supplies*|