Apprenticeship Training

Find the career that fits you

Are you looking for a high-paying job, without going into a mountain of debt? If so, one of the trades in our apprenticeship training program may be right for you. With a mixture of on-the-job work and technical experience, you’ll be on your way. You’ll spend about 80 percent of your time learning from a qualified tradesperson and the rest in specialized courses. Along with using the latest equipment, you’ll be learning from the best. Our instructors have been named the best in the field for southern Alberta by the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board for the last four years.

We offer you nine apprenticeships in the following:

The facts

To begin your journey into the world of apprenticeships, you need to be working in your chosen field, and you need to find an employer who will sponsor you. Both you and your employer will then sign a Contract of Apprenticeship so you’ll be able to work and earn money while making your way to a rewarding career.

There are regular schedules of pay associated with apprenticeship training; Apprenticeship & Industry Training (AIT) provides information on this.

Receiving your certified ‘journeyman’ papers or ‘ticket’ upon completion of your apprenticeship demonstrates your skill level based on provincial and industry standards. AIT sets the curriculum for each program and regulates the term and conditions of apprenticeship.

Build your future in the trades

Lethbridge College offers a wealth of high-quality trades programming to all learners, regardless of your level of experience in the industry. Whether you are just beginning to explore the trades, are looking to apprentice, or even if you just want to learn a new skill, we can help.

Apprenticeship Training: At-a-Glance
8 to 12 weeks of classroom training each year, in addition to on-the-job training.
Certified 'Journeyman' Papers
Agricultural Equipment Technician
Automotive Service Technician
Carpenter
Cook
Electrician
Electrcian - Alternate Delivery
Heavy Equipment Technician
Parts Technician
Plumber
Plumber and Gasfitter (B)
Welder
Welder-Wire Process Operator

Apprentices spend about 80 percent of their time learning on the job from a qualified tradesperson. They spend the remaining 20 percent of their time taking specialized training courses, usually from colleges or technical institutes.

Download the New Apprenticeship Orientation booklet

Apprenticeship programs require 8 to 12 weeks of classroom training each year, in addition to on-the-job training. The Weekly Apprenticeship Training System (WATS) format allows apprentices to take classes once a week during the term of their apprenticeship. At Lethbridge College, the Cook and Parts Technician apprenticeships follow the WATS format. First-to-third year distance program electricians have six months to complete the course and fourth year distance program electricians have nine months.

Apprenticeship Programs | Apprenticeship Training | Apprenticeship College

Contact Us

 
For a tour, please call:
• 1-800-572-0103 ext. 3322


Email:
• General: tradeslc@lethbridgecollege.ca
• Cook: culinary@lethbridgecollege.ca
• Electrician - Alternate Delivery: electricaldistance@lethbridgecollege.ca


Agricultural Equipment Technician
• 403.394.7348
Automotive Service Technician
• 403.394.7348
Carpenter
• 403.320.3366
Cook
• 403.320.3224
Electrician / Electrician - Alternate Delivery
• 403.320.3366
Heavy Equipment Technician
• 403.394.7348
Parts Technician
• 403.394.7348
Plumber / Plumber and Gasfitter (B)
• 403.320.3366
Welder / Welder - Wire Process Operator
• 403.320.3366

Download the Apprenticeship Training information flyer:

Apprenticeship Training Flyer

Request Information

Find us on Facebook