Agriculture Business Risk Management
Developed in collaboration with industry experts, Agriculture Business Risk Management (AgBRM) is the practice of identifying, analyzing and managing the various potential risks and opportunities to achieve the goals of a business. This program is designed specifically for application in agricultural business (beef, pork, grain, oilseeds) with a strong focus on commodity and risk management essential to entrepreneurs. The focus of the program is on financial risk and topics associated with financial risk.
Agriculture Business Risk Management is right for you if:
- you are an agriculture operator who desires a better understanding of the areas of financial risk and opportunity in your operation
- you are an aspiring agriculture entrepreneur or farm successor who wants to be ready for the challenge
- you are a lender, salesperson or government employee who requires an in-depth understanding of the financial risks inherent in agribusiness
This program will benefit those already in the Agriculture Industry and those who wish to learn more about the business side of operations. It is also useful to those seeking to enter into a career in Agribusiness, either as an employee, an advisor or to open their own business.
Seats are limited. Participants must register at least three business days prior to the beginning of a module. Participants can register for modules with start dates beyond the next month.
|Major Funder||Program Collaborator|
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Beef Producers
- Alberta Canola Producers Commission
- Alberta Pork
- Alberta Wheat Commission
- Agriculture Financial Services Corporation
If you are not interested in receiving credit for the course, you can audit the course. This will allow you access to the curriculum, but you will not receive a grade for the assessments. We do however strongly suggest that you take the course as credit, especially if you are interested in transferring to another program or Post-secondary Institution in the future. Statistics for Agribusiness will not be accepted for transfer credit at another Institution.