Skills & Knowledge You'll Develop
Your diploma in Interior Design will arm you with the knowledge necessary to be successful. Upon completion of the program, you will:
possess a solid understanding of:
- residential and commercial design
- the latest industry-standard design software.
You will be able to:
- identify and analyze client needs and goals, safety requirements, budget limitations and project schedules
- prepare preliminary plans and design concepts for client approval
- estimate costs and prepare budgets
- develop presentations which may include drawings, sketches, renderings, perspectives, colour and material boards, photographs or models
- prepare working drawings and specifications for nonload-bearing construction including materials, finishes, millwork and furnishings
- prepare tender documents, co-ordinate the bid process and assist clients in awarding contracts
- confirm that required building and other code permits are obtained
- collaborate with professional and technical consultants (for example, mechanical, electrical and structural engineers, architects, audio-visual consultants)
- conduct field reviews of construction and installation of furnishings, fixtures and equipment
- review and evaluate projects on behalf of clients, during implementation and upon completion.