Skills & Knowledge You'll Develop
A career in Engineering Design and Drafting requires specific knowledge, skills and abilities. We can get you on your way. Upon successful completion of the program, you will:
possess knowledge in several areas of Engineering Design and Drafting, including:
- mechanical design and drafting
- architectural/structural design and drafting
- municipal design and drafting
- piping design and drafting
- topographical drafting.
- be able to use Computer Assisted Drafting (CAD) software to produce drawings and designs
- gain an understanding of concepts concerning stress analysis, strength of materials and fluid mechanics.
You will be able to:
- engineering plans
- flow diagrams and schematics
- building plans
- detailed construction or assembly drawings.
- work in a variety of settings
- further your education with university-transferrable courses.