Applied Research & Innovation
Bringing researchers and community partners together
Welcome to our Centre for Applied Research and Innovation (CARI)
Applied Research and Innovation (AR&I) is central to Lethbridge College’s mandate and is a catalyst for economic growth, sustainability and social development in the region.
Our integrated AR&I strategy brings together community organizations to collaborate with researchers and students on projects that use new or existing knowledge to solve real-world challenges with immediate practical applications.
AR&I often involves prototype development, feasibility studies, clinical trials, as well as technical consultation and market research for business, industry and community partners.
Project outcomes often lead to innovative products and services that benefit our economy and society.
In addition to acting as the portal through which external partners may access applied research opportunities, our team will work with you to:
- identify and assess applied research opportunities and the resulting knowledge and innovations
- assist with research proposal development and finding
- access the college’s expertise, infrastructure and intellectual property
- coordinate and facilitate industry-focused applied research
- manage intellectual property
- enable knowledge/ technology transfer and commercialization
- manage and administer applied research grants and contracts
- network and develop business opportunities
- start-up and operate applied research pilot projects
Centre for Applied Research and Innovation
Ph. 403-320-3202 ext. 5787
Gina Funicelli, MBA
Dean, Centre for Applied Research and Innovation
Ph. 403-320-3202 ext. 5284
Dr. Michael Long
Director, Centre for Applied Research and Innovation
Ph. 403-320-3202 ext. 5734